Apply for Subsidy Scheme for the Securities Industry under the "Anti-epidemic Fund"
SFC Licensed Individuals
Applicants must be licensed Responsible Officers or Representatives of the Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”) of Hong Kong as at 31 March 2020.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants can apply online or on paper.
Disbursement of Subsidies
Automatic bank transfer (“auto-payment”)
Auto-payment or by cheque (Note: Successful applicants are required to visit the office of the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute to collect the cheque in person.)
Information and Supporting Document Required
- The applicant’s SFC Central Entity Number, contact email address, Hong Kong Identity Card/Passport Number and mobile phone number.
- If the applicant chooses to receive the subsidy by auto-payment, the applicant’s own bank account document copy (such as the first page of bank book, bank card or bank statement) which should clearly show the bank name, name of account holder and account number. Please note that applicants’ bank accounts for receiving subsidies must be savings accounts or current accounts denominated in Hong Kong Dollar or accept Hong Kong Dollar transactions. Other types of bank accounts are NOT acceptable.
Successful applicants will normally receive the subsidies within 3 weeks from the application submission date.
Depending on the disbursement method chosen, successful applicants will normally receive the subsidies within 6-8 weeks from the application submission date.
Successful applicants will be notified by email when the auto-payment is made or the cheque is ready for pickup.
The processing time may vary depending on the completeness of the information/supporting document provided.
Each applicant should complete and submit one online or paper application only.
Online Application – 3 Simple Steps
Step 1: Verification
- Enter SFC Central Entity Number (consisting of 3 letters and 3 numbers, e.g. ABC123).
- Enter email address.
- Enter verification code sent to your valid email address provided.
Step 2: Application
- Enter mobile phone number.
- Enter the first 4 letters/digits of Hong Kong Identity Card/Passport Number.
Enter bank account information.
- Choose a bank name from the drop-down box.
- Enter bank account number.
- Enter account holder name if it is different from the applicant’s name shown. The account holder must be the applicant himself/herself. Joint account held by the applicant is also acceptable.
- Upload the image file of the bank account document (such as the first page of bank book, bank card or bank statement). The image should clearly show the bank name, name of account holder and account number. The image file can be in pdf, bmp, gif, png or jpg format with a maximum file size of 2MB.
- Check the box to declare that all the information and document submitted by the applicant are true and correct.
Step 3: Submission
- Check all the information provided.
- Submit the application by clicking the “Submit” button.
- The applicant will immediately receive a confirmation email which includes an assigned application number for future reference.
Access to Online Application Platform
(system requirements: Chrome/Edge/Safari)
Paper-based Application - 2 Simple Steps
Step 1: Application
- Complete the paper application form. The information/document required is the same as that of the online application version.
- Choose the disbursement method. If the auto-payment option is selected, attach a copy of the applicant’s bank account document (such as the first page of bank book, bank card or bank statement) which clearly shows the bank name, name of account holder and account number.
- Check all the information provided.
- Sign the form for confirmation and declaration.
Step 2: Submission
Applicants may submit the application form by mail to the HKSI Institute office at Room 510, 5/F, Wing On Centre, 111 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong. Please note that the HKSI Institute will not accept applications with insufficient postage. Mail items addressed to the HKSI Institute without sufficient postage may either be returned to the sender or disposed of by Hongkong Post. The HKSI Institute does NOT bear any responsibility for any mail lost in transit.
Upon receipt of applications by the HKSI Institute, applicants will receive a confirmation email which includes an assigned application number for future reference.
Download Paper Form
Request for Change of Submitted Information/Document
Once an application is submitted, the applicant is required to send a written request by email (email address: [email protected]) to the HKSI Institute, quoting the application number, for any change of the information/document, other than the bank account information/document submitted.
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (except public holidays)
25 May 2020
HKSI Institute reserves the right to modify or amend the Terms and Conditions from time to time.